Monday, October 4, 2010

Hi There!

I've been wanting to start a cooking blog or a while now, but had one major set back...a name! For months I drove myself nuts trying to think of the perfect blog name. Then yesterday, while watching hours of football and thinking about what I wanted to make for 'Sunday Dinner', it came to me- Wannabe Phoodie. It might not be perfect, but it's pretty accurate.
I'm Jess, I grew up and in Florida and moved to Philadelphia a year and a half ago. Everytime I tell people that the next question is WHY PHILLY?! Well I needed a change, got an awesome new job..so I packed up a u-haul, my cat and was Philly bound with no idea what to expect. Philly surpassed all my expectations. I love it here! The city, 'philly fans', the people, the culture, the four seasons, and most of all the food. I have always had a love for food. With an Italian mother and Greek father, food was always a given.. The purpose of this blog is to share my love for cooking and food. Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Great name! I love it! I can't wait to see more recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess this is awesome....I love that you use some FL ingredients like Sonny's... :)

    Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete