Saturday, November 6, 2010

Creamy Baked Pumpkin Risotto.

As you can see I have an immense love for pumpkin. I have always enjoyed the taste of pumpkin, but it really intensified since I've moved up north. It must be the cooler weather or maybe the gorgeous colors of fall. Whatever it is, it makes me crave the hearty flavors of the season.


On Halloween, before going out, I wanted to make a festive dish to celebrate one of my favorite holidays. Pumpkin seemed like an appropriate halloween ingredient, as I'm looking through recipes, it was my boyfriend Nick who had the idea of a risotto dish. 


Creamy Baked Pumpkin Risotto


Ingredients:
  • 5 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
  • 2 cups arborio rice
  • 2 cups pumpkin or butternut squash, cubed small
  • 1 1/2 canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
  • 3/4 cup fresh sage, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup of pecorino romano cheese
  • 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
  • 2 tablespoon olive oil
Heat oven to 400

Combine rice, broth, and squash, pumpkin puree, and onion in a 3 quart baking dish.
Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, stir to combine evenly.



Cover tightly with foil and bake, stir occasionally until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is puffed. About 30 to 35 minutes.

Remove from oven and stir in the sage, pecorino, and mascarpone.

Serve with your favorite pumpkin beer!



Hope Everyone had a great Halloween!!




No comments:

Post a Comment