Thursday, November 11, 2010

Baby Portobello + Artichoke Chicken.

 Each time I'm at the grocery store I always stock up on chicken. Honestly, I really don't even like chicken all that much, but it's a freezer staple, for whatever reason. I like to try and do different and exciting recipes with chicken, I'm definetly not a fan of simple grilled chicken. So here goes one attempt...

Baby Portobello + Artichoke Chicken

Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoons of butter ( I use light)
  • 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
  • Salt & pepper- dash here and there
  • 1/4 cup all -purpose flour
  • 1 can of low sodium chicken broth
  • 1 lemon squeezed
  • 1 lb fresh baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 can artichoke hearts in water, drained
  • 1 tablespoon worecestershire sauce
  • Dash- crushed red pepper (optional)
In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add in chicken and season with salt and pepper, brown chicken on both sides- remove from pan and set aside.



Reduce heat to medium-low, add flour and stir in chicken broth slowly- stir constantly for 2 minutes until thickened and smooth.




Stir in lemon juice, mushrooms, artichokes and worecestershire. Add the chicken back in, cover, simmer on low for 20 minutes. For an extra kick sprinkle the crushed red pepper before simmering.



I served this over wheat orzo, delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment