Monday, December 20, 2010

Spicy Breaded and Baked Pork Chops.

I have vowed to my friend Trish that this winter I would post healthier dishes. Don't get me wrong we love comfort food, I won't neglect that this winter but with the new year coming up I thought I would get a jump start on a healthier habit.

Every time I think 'healthy', chicken comes to mind. Honestly, I get pretty bored with chicken so I like to explore other healthy options. Pork - 'the other white meat' has about a 160 calories and 26 grams of protein while a chicken breast has about 120 calories and 23 grams of protein. Being so similar why not mix it up a bit!


Spicy Breaded and Baked Pork Chops


Ingredients:

  •  2 boneless pork chops
  • 1/2 cup of skim milk
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced ( I used the Garlic Zoom)
  • 1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper
  • 1 teaspoon of paprika
  • 1/2 breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 romano cheese
  • salt and pepper TT
Preheat oven to 400

In a medium bowl, combine the milk, garlic, red pepper, paprika, salt, pepper TT. Stir well
Add pork chop and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.


Meanwhile in a medium bowl add breadcrumbs, romano cheese, chili powder, salt and pepper TT




One pork chop at a time, add into the breadcrumb bowl and coat well


Place on pan, bake for 20-25 min until top is golden brown


~j

1 comment:

  1. That looks too good to be healthy. We cant afford to go out to eat here and Maarten is going to start getting sick of eating vegetarian soon.. keep the ideas coming!

    ReplyDelete