Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Rosemary Beef Tenderloin with Shallots + Red Wine Glaze.

Ahh the holidays! I really love everything about the holiday season, especially since I moved up north! I don't mean to dis my home state (Florida), but with the brisk air, city decor and the possible chance of snow I find myself doing something 'christmas' everynight!
Over the past 2 years my boyfriend and I started a few Christmas traditions of our own. One being our very own Christmas celebration! This year for the 'Christmas Celebration" I wanted to try and make something new. Everything in this dish I love, so I put it all together and got the best beef tenderloin I have ever tasted, really... promise!

Rosemary Beef Tenderloin with Shallots and Red Wine Glaze

Ingredients:
Serves 4-5
  • 1.5 lbs Beef Tenderloin
  • 10 springs of rosemary
  • 8-10 shallots, trimmed and peeled
  • 1/2 cup dry red wine
  • 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper

Let tenderloin come to room temperature, about 45 minutes.



 Preheat oven to 425 degrees with rack in center.

Arrange 4 rosemary sprigs in a medium roasting pan; place tenderloin on top. The place the other 4 rosemary sprigs on top of the tenderloin. Arrange shallots around tenderloin. Rub meat and shallots with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Roast 25 minutes. Turn shallots for even browning; if roast is dry, baste with more oil or pan juices.
 Cook until shallots are golden about 10 to 15 minutes more

Meat should register 120 degrees with meat thermometer (I like it on the pink side) timing will vary with thickness of meat. Transfer meat and shallots to a medium platter. Let sit 20 minutes at room temperature before carving.

Meanwhile, chop remaining rosemary into small pieces. In a saute pan over high heat, scrape the remains from the roasting pan into the saute pan - add wine,stock and rosemary. Let simmer until liquid has reduced by half, about 6 to 8 minutes. 





Serve over the beef and shallots. I served this dish with grit patties (coming soon)


Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!


-J

No comments:

Post a Comment