Thursday, January 27, 2011

Honey Soy Glazed Salmon.

Being Greek and raised with a Mediterranean influenced diet I have an indescribable love for honey. I had ginger root left over from the other night that I wanted to be sure I used before went it bad (I hate wasting food) So I came up with this, combining 2 of my favorite ingredients; ginger+honey.

This is the perfect 'weekday dinner'. It's so simple. Mix ingredients, marinade, bake. After working a LONG day at work I am 'ok' with simple, effortless dinner.


Honey Soy Glazed Salmon.

Ingredients:
  • 2 filets of salmon
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1tablespoon lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustand or Dijon
  • 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger root
  • pinch of crushed red pepper if you to give it a kick
Place salmon in a shallow bowl or dish



Combine all ingredients in a small bowl then pour over salmon, reserving about 1/4 cup.

Let marinade for about 30 minutes, meanwhile preheat oven to 400

Remove fish from marinade; set marinade aside. Place fish in a greased baking dish and bake for 15- 20 min, baste a few times with leftover marinade. When done the salmon should be flaky and easy to fork.

Drizzle remaining marinade over salmon and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. i have been wanting to try to cook salmon for a while now, but have been to afraid. This recipe sounds great and simple - i think i will give this one a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber! Let me know how it turns out! Fish can be intimidating sometimes, I will post a some of my other favorites!

    ReplyDelete